What to do with the fish you catch?
Here at Dingle Boat Tours we offer 2 hour, 4 hour and full day fishing trips right from our main office at the Marina.
There is a range of fish to be caught out on our waters, including mackerel, pollack, cod and ling, all of which you can take home with you! Each of our experienced skippers will bring you to their favourite fishing grounds to drop your lines. On return from your trip your skipper will fillet the fish for you.
At this point you have two options for what to do with the fresh Atlantic fish you have just caught...
1. If you are tired after your day out at sea and fancy a pint of Guinness, take your fish over to John Benney's pub just a five minute stroll from the boat to have it cooked up for you with chips and veg. The skipper will call John to reserve a table for you and you can either drop the fish off straight away and organise to come back later in the evening or else have it right away! The cost for this 'Catch and Cook' we offer is only 11euro per person! At John Benney's pub expect a warm, friendly atmosphere with a spot of traditional Irish music in the evenings. Its also a great spot for a starting point of a pub crawl any night in Dingle!
2. The second thing you can do is cook it yourself!
On a sunny day you if you are staying in self-catering start up a barbecue for your fish. If its not barbecue appropriate weather here is an easy and yummy recipe from Mary who you are likely to meet when you book your tickets!
- Dust your filleted fish with flour and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Heat up some butter/oil in a pan on a medium heat. Fry each side of the fish (skin side first!) for approx 5 mins until fish is opaque and golden and crispy.
- Serve with lemon wedges, baby potatoes and veg and enjoy!
Alternatively, if you want something a bit fancier try mixing one part mustard with three parts mayonnaise and spread it on the top side of the raw fish fillet. Place fillets in casserole dish and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Preheat the oven to 180/Mark 5 and bake the fish for 15-20 mins until fish is cooked through. You can add some cherry tomatoes and lemon wedges to the casserole dish also!
Our fishing trips depart everyday weather permitting on our three fully licensed and equipped 12 passenger boats. The cost for a 2 hour trip is 30euro per adult and 20euro for kids including gear.
Call us on 087 6726100 to check the weather and too book or call into one of our offices at the Marina Centre and opposite the car park on Strand Street.
Hope to see you out on the water soon!
- Hits: 1807